The announcement for a position for a Doctorate Researcher under the Project IMPECAF ref: PTDC / CTA-CLI / 28902/2017 was published and is available at http://www.fc.ul.pt/pt/concursos, n. 2725.
IMPECAF's main objective is to deepen the existing knowledge on individual and compound dry and hot weather extremes (heat waves, droughts and flash-droughts) affecting the agricultural and forestry ecosystems on the Iberian Peninsula.
The objectives of the work program are:
1) the selection of adequate hydro-meteorological indexes for the identification of extreme events in the Iberian Peninsula (IP);
2) the characterization of extreme events regarding to their duration, intensity and severity;
3) the development of agricultural and forest risk models based on earth observation data and high spatial resolution data (e.g. satellite data)
4) the analysis of the influence of short-medium-term meteorological forecasts on losses of agricultural yield and fire risk;
5) analysis of the influence of climate change on agriculture and forests
The work will be hosted by IDL-University of Lisbon, Campo Grande, Lisbon, Portugal.
Please note that this is also available on the Eracareers portal with the following link: http://www.eracareers.pt/opportunities/index.aspx?task=global&jobId=109657.
For more information, please consult the Call for Applications at FCUL or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org